Who are the Golden Oldies? We formed 28 years ago after the Golden Jubilee of the Auckland Owner Driver Road Transport Association - ODRTA.
- An unofficial non-profit group consisting of past, retired
and present members of the Association which has evolved from the Retired Owner
Driver Association (RODA). RODA was a social group where old friends could get
together for outings and activities.
- RODA did not cater for ordinary long-term members of the
Association - that is, members of 10 years or more, who were still members and
- The formation of the Auckland Owner Driver Golden Oldies
successfully combined both groups.
In 2007 the Golden Oldies were officially recognised as an affiliate of N.R.C (Inc.) and in 2010 we were invited to become part of the website.
Who can be a member?
- Retired or current members of AODRTA or NRC with a
membership of 10 years or more.
- We think partnerships are a very important part of our
transport businesses. Anyone who has had a close trade/partnership or
connection with the two associations for the required period of time can join.
- There are a range of other membership options – give us a
National Road Carriers
326 Church Street, Penrose
Phone: 09 622 2429