Who We Are
With over 80 years of history, National Road Carriers provides professional support for those who choose to make a living in the road transport industry, through advocacy, representation and advice.
Today we are still dedicated to our founding principles and we can provide back up to you, whatever your size, location or load type.
We have a team of very passionate transport experts at NRC who have extensive experience and knowledge throughout the industry and there is no aspect of running a successful transport business they can't help you with.
Through our collective strength as an association, we set up and maintain partnerships which provide outstanding benefits and savings for members including things like; fuel discounts, specialist insurance, mobile phone plans, legal advice and much, much more.
We're here to help you and your business with:
- Employment and workplace relation matters
- Health & Safety
- Business, legal or contract advice
- Compliance and operational information
- Regulatory and legislation changes
- Keeping you regularly up to date with industry news
- Saving you money on business expenses
We work in consultation with these government agencies and other groups:
- NZ Police / Commercial Vehicle Investigation Unit (CVIU)
- NZ Transport Agency (NZTA)
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (DoL)
- Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC)
- Ministry of Transport (MoT)
- Auckland Transport
- Road Transport Forum (RTF)
- Ministry of Social Development (Work & Income)
- Freight and Network Efficiency Working Group
- ACC Road Freight Cluster Groups
- Northern Highways Liaison Group
- National & local Livestock Transport & Safety Group
- District Road Safety Committees
- Ports (Auckland & Tauranga) Working Group
- Cargo Logistics Group
- HPMV Working Group
- POAL Community Reference Group
- Various road construction Liaison Groups