Who We Are
Since 1936, when the little guys took on the big guys (and won!), National Road Carriers has been looking out for kiwi transport operators.
Today we're New Zealand's leading road transport association and we're still dedicated to our founding principles. We provide back up to you, whatever your size, location or load type.
As for our members, they transport everything from fresh fruit to LPG.
Together, we use our collective strength to set up and maintain partnerships for fuel discounts, specialist insurance, mobile phone plans, legal advice and much, much more.
We're here to help you and your business with:
- legislative interpretation
- vehicle cost modelling
- employment and contract advice
- any other areas of transport operation
NRC lobbies local and central government on issues that affect the transport industry and also represents you on the Road Transport Forum (RTF for short).
We work in consultation with these government agencies and other groups.
- NZ Police / Commercial Vehicle Investigation Unit (CVIU)
- NZ Transport Agency (NZTA)
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (DoL)
- Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC)
- Ministry of Transport (MoT)
- Auckland Transport
- Road Transport Forum (RTF)
- Ministry of Social Development (Work & Income)
- Freight and Network Efficiency Working Group
- ACC Road Freight Cluster Groups
- Northern Highways Liaison Group
- National & local Livestock Transport & Safety Group
- District Road Safety Committees
- Ports (Auckland & Tauranga) Working Group
- Cargo Logistics Group
- HPMV Working Group
- POAL Community Reference Group
- Various road construction Liaison Groups