Weekly update from NRC CEO Justin Tighe Umbers
Justins Transport Minute
“Driving down the expressway, the number of trucks on the road have halved – she’s getting light out there”.
“For the second month in a row I’ve had to do solid percentage increases to my FAF (fuel pricing), and even the long-term customers are starting to push back now”.
These are just a couple of snippets I’ve had in conversations with transport operators this week, bringing home how tough the economic headwinds are.
Watching the costs rise and revenues drop is unnerving. You are not alone. The whole industry is feeling it.
We are here to help.
Here are just a few of the ways we can help you weather the tough times:
• Renegotiating your rate reviews? Call NRC – our transport specialists can help you position and win with your customer
• Don’t know if your contract is over or under? Request a Cost Model from NRC for peace of mind
• Forecasting your operating costs? Use our new Infometrics customisable cost index to help.
• Need someone to talk to? Call our Commercial Transport Specialists for a confidential, friendly ear
• Give your NRC membership a COF – call us to make sure you are getting all of the discounts you need on fuel, tyres, phones, insurance and IT gear
If you’re passing by Penrose, pop in for a free pie or coffee voucher courtesy of Z Energy. If you’re not, call us on 0800 686 777. Sometimes a chat with a friendly NRC team member, a cuppa and a bite are all you need to give you a lift.
Time are tough, but we are in this together. Reach out.
CEO | National Road Carriers Assn
DDI: +64 9 636 2951